Online Computer Engineering Courses
Who are iLearn Engineering®?
iLearn Engineering® is a UK Accredited Online Engineering College specialising in providing online engineering courses for the next generation of engineers on an international scale. Our courses have been developed from the ground up and are specifically created so they can be delivered online.
Wide range of Online Computer Engineering and Computer Science Courses
At iLearn Engineering®, our online computer engineering and computer science courses aim to propel your engineering career to greater heights. We offer a diverse range of online computer engineering courses to cater to different academic and career goals. Our courses are available in varying credit values, ranging from short 40 credit Engineering Diplomas to 120 credit Higher International Certificate in Computer Engineering and 240 credit Higher International Diploma in Computer Engineering. These courses cover various topics such as Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computing Mathematics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principles, Robots and Control, Electronics and AI and Machine learning. Learners can choose the course that aligns with their interests and needs, and they can also progress through different levels of study, from certificate to diploma
What Online Computing Engineering Courses do you offer?
We have a range of fully accredited computer engineering courses:
Higher International Diploma in Computer Engineering (EduQual Level 5)
Higher International Certificate in Computer Engineering (EduQual Level 4)
Online Computer Engineering Qualifications
We have a range of fully accredited online computer engineering courses.
Higher International Certificate in Computer Engineering (EduQual Level 4) [120 credits]
This online computer engineering course has a total of 120 credits meaning that it is benchmarked to be equivalent to a full year of undergraduate study. Moreover, being a Level 4 computer engineering course means that it is benchmarked to the first year of a university degree course in computer engineering.
Most students are eligible to enrol directly on to this course because we teach you all the mathematics and computer science that you need to be successful with the rest of the course.
Higher International Diploma in Computer Engineering (EduQual Level 5) [240 credits]
This higher online computer engineering course develops your knowledge in computer engineering at a deeper and more specialist level and once completed you will become eligible to apply to universities to top-up your qualification to degree level.
Students working on a part time basis can typically complete these courses in a time frame of between 1 and 3 years. However, you are in control of your own learning, and it is in principle possible to finish the course much sooner than this.
Most students are eligible to enrol directly on to this course because we teach you all the maths and computer science that you need to be successful with the rest of the course.
Engineering Diplomas [40 credit]
We also offer a range of shorter online computer engineering and computer science courses. These qualifications are ideal for learners that wish to study a specific topic of interest to them all who wish to complete the course in a shorter time frame then our full 120 credits courses above. These 40 credit qualifications can typically be completed in a time frame of between two and six months.
Why Choose iLearn Engineering®?
iLearn Engineering® is a UK based online engineering college specialising in providing online engineering courses for the next generation of engineers on an international scale. Our courses have been developed from the ground up and are specifically created so they can be delivered online.
Open Access Courses
Anyone can enrol as we teach you all of the engineering maths and science you need to succeed with your course.
Real Chartered Engineers
We are a team of Chartered Engineers and academics. We understand what engineers need to know and we also understand what engineering businesses expect from their engineers.
Enrol 356 days a year – start when you are ready
iLearn Engineering® take a unique view to how their courses are made available to their learners. First, learning is asynchronous, meaning that learners can start their course anytime, 365 days a year.
No schedules, no classes, no deadlines, and no exams.
Instead unlike a traditional college, with iLearn Engineering® the learner is in control over how long it takes them to complete their course. Students study the learning material at their own pace, fitting it in around their existing commitments, and therefore learners do not need to give up their job or other commitments to gain an engineering qualification.
Full UK Accreditation
The mechanical engineering courses that iLearn Engineering® deliver have been accredited by a UK awarding body to be at levels 4 and 5 which makes them equivalent to studying the first and second years of a university course in mechanical engineering. Therefore, you can be assured of the academic rigour and quality of courses on offer.
Easy to Follow Bite-sized Learning
Our carefully developed learning material has been designed to be accessible to almost any learner from any background comprising of short videos, worked examples and practice questions to prepare the learner for their written assignments.
Full tutor support is always on hand to help students that need that little bit of extra help, so you are never completely alone. Tutorials can be arranged with real engineers on a one to one basis.
Career Opportunities in Computer Engineering
A UK Accredited online engineering qualification in computer engineering can open up a multitude of international career paths in the rapidly growing and dynamic field of technology. Graduates with this qualification possess a diverse set of skills and knowledge that can be applied to various industries and sectors across the globe. Some of the exciting international career paths available to computer engineering graduates include:
- Software Engineer/Developer: Designing, developing, and maintaining software applications and systems for companies in industries such as finance, healthcare, gaming, and e-commerce.
- Network Engineer: Managing and maintaining computer networks, including designing, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure for organizations worldwide.
- Cybersecurity Specialist: Protecting computer systems and networks from cyber threats, developing security protocols, and ensuring data privacy and integrity for businesses across different sectors.
- Data Scientist: Analyzing and interpreting large sets of data to extract valuable insights, working with organizations in fields like finance, healthcare, marketing, and research to make data-driven decisions.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer: Developing AI algorithms, machine learning models, and deep learning systems for companies involved in automation, robotics, natural language processing, and other AI-related applications.
- Hardware Engineer: Designing, testing, and improving computer hardware components and systems for technology companies globally.
- Systems Analyst: Evaluating and improving computer systems and processes within organizations to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- IT Project Manager: Overseeing technology projects from planning to execution, ensuring successful implementation of systems and managing teams across international locations.
- Cloud Engineer: Building and maintaining cloud infrastructure and services for organizations adopting cloud computing technologies worldwide.
- Embedded Systems Engineer: Developing and programming embedded systems used in various applications such as automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, and industrial automation.
- IT Consultant: Providing expert advice and guidance on technology solutions and strategies to clients globally, assisting them in making informed decisions to meet their business objectives.
- Researcher/Academic: Pursuing advanced studies and research in computer engineering, contributing to the field’s advancement and sharing knowledge as a professor or researcher in universities or research institutions around the world.
These are just a few examples of the diverse and exciting international career paths available to computer engineering graduates. With a UK Accredited online engineering qualification in computer engineering, individuals have the opportunity to work in different industries, collaborate with international teams, and contribute to technological advancements on a global scale.
What Is Computing Engineering?
Computer engineering is an increasingly important branch of engineering, focusing on the growing digital and integrated world in which we all now live.
Computer engineering combines the theoretical aspects of electrical engineering and computer science with the practical application of design and construction in order to design, develop and build the digital systems we see all around us.
Computer engineers evaluate, design, and maintain computer hardware and software systems. They are responsible for the development of modern computing systems and computer-controlled equipment. That could be anything from a numerical controlled robot in a manufacturing plant, a management system for a field of wind turbines, or the flight control systems on the latest rocket launch!
Fundamentally, computer engineering is the study of electrical engineering combined with software and hardware development, however the role of a computer engineer is much more. A computer engineer needs to take ideas, needs, or real-world problems to develop highly specialized and specific solutions often on the cutting edge of known technology.
Computer engineers work in almost all industries, from automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, telecommunications, power production, defense, and electronics industries. The scope of the computer engineer is truly diverse.
So whether it be increasing production output of a robot in car production, developing an environmental control in a new skyscraper, or setting up a communication network during a natural disaster; the computer engineer is vital in the project’s success.
In our courses you will learn the fundamentals of programming and the language used in computer systems, the principles of electrical and electronic engineering, as well as practical applications of robots and control. You will have a range of optional topics to study, such as IoT, cloud computing, or cyber security.
In addition you will cover the fundamental maths and computer science that underpin engineering as a whole.
Our level 5 units will progress onto subjects such as machine learning, Artificial Intelligence and digital circuitry.