Online Industrial (Manufacturing) Engineering Courses
Who are iLearn Engineering®?
iLearn Engineering® is a leading UK Accredited Online Engineering College that focuses on delivering high-quality engineering courses to aspiring engineers worldwide. Our college specialises in online education, providing a convenient platform for the next generation of engineers to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Our comprehensive range of courses has been meticulously developed to cater to the needs of students seeking flexibility in their learning journey. With a strong emphasis on online delivery, our online engineering courses in Industrial (Manufacturing) Engineering have been designed from scratch to ensure seamless and effective virtual education.
At iLearn Engineering®, we are proud to offer one of the most extensive selections of Online Industrial Engineering Courses available.
Wide range of Online Industrial Engineering Courses
At iLearn Engineering®, we are dedicated to elevating your engineering career to new heights through our online industrial engineering courses. Our comprehensive selection of online industrial engineering courses is designed to meet diverse academic and career aspirations, ensuring a tailored learning experience for each student.
Our courses are available in varying credit values, ranging from 40 credit Engineering Diplomas to 120 credit Higher International Certificate in Industrial Engineering and 240 credit Higher International Diploma in Industrial Engineering.
What Online Industrial Engineering Courses do you offer?
Our Industrial Engineering courses cover various topics such as design, manufacturing principles, manufacturing systems, lean manufacturing, engineering materials, engineering management, quality and process improvement. In addition you will cover the fundamental maths and science that underpin engineering as a whole.
We have a wide range of fully accredited Industrial Engineering online courses:
Higher International Certificate in Industrial Engineering (EduQual Level 4)
Higher International Diploma in Industrial Engineering (EduQual Level 5)
Industrial Engineering Qualifications
We have a range of fully accredited online industrial engineering courses.
The online industrial engineering course offered has a comprehensive curriculum consisting of 120 credits, ensuring its equivalence to a full year of undergraduate study. As a Level 4 course in industrial engineering, it is aligned with the introductory year of a university degree program in the field.
We encourage most students to enroll directly in this course, as we provide comprehensive instruction in mathematics and science necessary for success in the rest of the program. By equipping students with these fundamental skills, we ensure their readiness and enable them to excel throughout the course.
This advanced online industrial engineering course deepens your knowledge in the field at a more specialised level. Upon completion, you will become eligible to apply to universities to upgrade your qualification to degree level.
Part-time students can typically complete these courses within a timeframe ranging from 1 to 3 years. However, you have the flexibility to control your own learning, allowing the possibility of finishing the course even sooner than the estimated duration.
Most students are eligible to enroll directly in this course as we provide comprehensive instruction in mathematics and science, which are essential for success in the remaining modules. By equipping you with these foundational skills, we ensure a solid foundation for your journey in the course.
Engineering Diplomas [40 credit]
In addition, we provide a variety of concise online civil engineering courses. These qualifications are perfect for learners who prefer to focus on specific topics of personal interest or desire to complete a course within a shorter timeframe compared to our full 120-credit courses mentioned earlier. These 40-credit qualifications can typically be accomplished within a period of two to six months.
Career Opportunities in Industrial Engineering
Holders of an accredited higher diploma in Industrial Engineering possess a strong foundation of skills and knowledge that opens up a plethora of exciting international career opportunities. The field of industrial engineering is in high demand globally, as industries across various sectors seek professionals who can optimise processes, increase efficiency, and enhance productivity. Here are some of the international career prospects that await diploma holders in industrial engineering:
- Manufacturing and Production: Industrial engineers play a vital role in improving manufacturing and production processes, reducing costs, and increasing overall productivity. With their expertise in process optimization, supply chain management, and quality control, industrial engineering graduates can find employment in multinational manufacturing companies across the globe.
- Logistics and Supply Chain: In today’s interconnected world, efficient logistics and supply chain management are crucial for businesses to remain competitive. Industrial engineering graduates can contribute significantly to optimizing transportation, inventory management, and distribution networks on a global scale. Opportunities can arise in logistics companies, global retailers, and international freight forwarding organizations.
- Consulting: Industrial engineering graduates are well-equipped to work as consultants, providing expert advice and solutions to improve operational efficiency for various organizations. Consulting firms with a global presence often seek industrial engineering professionals to help streamline processes, implement lean methodologies, and drive organizational performance across different industries and geographical locations.
- Project Management: The ability to manage complex projects and ensure efficient resource allocation is a valuable skill possessed by industrial engineering graduates. This skillset makes them highly sought-after in international project management roles, where they can oversee the planning, execution, and successful completion of large-scale projects in diverse industries such as construction, energy, and infrastructure development.
- Operations Management: Industrial engineering graduates are well-suited for roles in operations management, where they can optimize processes, improve productivity, and drive continuous improvement initiatives. These opportunities can be found in multinational corporations operating in various sectors such as manufacturing, technology, healthcare, and services.
- Research and Development: Graduates of a diploma in industrial engineering can pursue careers in research and development, working on innovative projects and driving technological advancements. International research institutions, technology companies, and multinational corporations often seek industrial engineering professionals to contribute to product development, process innovation, and optimization.
It is worth noting that these are just a few examples of the diverse international career opportunities available to diploma holders in industrial engineering. The skills and knowledge gained from the online courses in industrial engineering on offer from iLearn Engineering® provide a strong foundation for graduates to excel in various roles across different industries, contributing to global industrial development and operational excellence.
Industrial (Manufacturing) Engineering
What Is Industrial Engineering?
Industrial engineering is a specialized field within engineering that centres around optimising production systems. It involves the application of engineering principles and techniques to improve the design, development, operation, and maintenance of manufacturing systems in various industries. Industrial engineers play a crucial role in transforming theoretical designs into tangible real-world objects and processes.
The primary objective of industrial engineering is to maximize efficiency, productivity, and quality while minimizing waste, costs, and resources. Industrial engineers are trained to analyse complex systems and identify opportunities for improvement, aiming to streamline operations, enhance workflow, and optimize resource utilization.
The Role of an Industrial Engineer:
Industrial engineers serve as problem solvers, finding innovative ways to make processes and systems more efficient. They possess a deep understanding of engineering principles, mathematics, statistics, and human factors to make data-driven decisions and implement effective solutions.
One key aspect of an industrial engineer’s role is to consider the most time-efficient and cost-efficient methods of manufacturing products. They evaluate factors such as material design, selection, and availability, ensuring the optimal use of resources while meeting production goals. This involves assessing production lines, analysing workflow, and determining the most effective utilization of labour, machinery, and technology.
Industrial engineers are involved in various stages of product development and production, from the design and prototyping phase to large-scale production lines. They collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, technicians, suppliers, and production managers, to ensure seamless integration of engineering principles into the manufacturing process.
Beyond manufacturing, industrial engineers also contribute to areas such as supply chain management, logistics, and operations management. They optimize transportation systems, design efficient distribution networks, and develop strategies to enhance overall operational performance.
Industrial engineers utilize their skills in data analysis, modelling, simulation, and optimization to identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement. They employ tools and techniques such as lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, operations research, and computer-aided design (CAD) to streamline processes, reduce waste, and enhance overall productivity.
In our Industrial Engineering courses you will learn about engineering design, industrial systems, manufacturing principles, CAD skills, lean manufacturing, material section, alongside quality and six sigma. In addition you will cover the fundamental maths and science that underpin engineering as a whole.